A common challenge of pest control is more of an ethical one – humane treatment and the professional use of pesticides makes eradicating insects tricky. Chemical options can be limited by the environmental concerns in your area. If you are unsure of the harms and risks of using over the counter pesticides, it is best to consult a professional such as Integrity Pest Elimination , who will be able to eliminate pests in an environmentally eco- friendly way. However, a few general measures can be taken to help prevent pests from infesting your home:
- Seal all exposed cracks on the exterior of your home (ie – weather strips under doors)
- Keep your plants trimmed and all excess growth away from the house, as roof rats will use nearby trees as access points to attics.
- Take out garbage regularly and store all bags in sealed containers to prevent ants.
- Repair any rotten wood in your home; insects are often fond of it
- Dispose of any stagnant water regularly (such as refilling birdbaths), as it will attract mosquitoes