Tips For Pest Control
August 22, 2013
A common challenge of home pest control is more of an ethical one – humane treatment and the professional use of pesticides make eradicating insects tricky. Chemical options can be limited by the environmental concerns in your area. If you are unsure of the harms and risks of using over-the-counter pesticides, it is best to consult a team of home or commercial pest professionals, such as Integrity Pest Elimination, who will be able to eliminate pests in an environmentally eco-friendly way. However, a few general measures can be taken to help prevent pests from infesting your home:
- Seal all exposed cracks on the exterior of your home (ie – weather strips under doors).
- Keep your plants trimmed and all excess growth away from the house, as roof rats will use nearby trees as access points to attics.
- Take out garbage regularly and store all bags in sealed containers to prevent ants.
- Repair any rotten wood in your home; insects are often fond of it.
- Dispose of any stagnant water regularly (such as refilling birdbaths), as it will attract mosquitoes.
Clarence was awesome, and my whole experience with Integrity Pest Elimination has been great! I called them on a Monday, didn't leave a voice mail (hate leaving them!) Got a call back within minutes, he set me right up with Pam who scheduled a free inspection and on Wednesday Clarence was right on time, listened to me attentively, checked some things out and gave me a couple of (rat) traps for free! Gave me some tips about switching them around and made sure I knew what to expect. I'm very pleased with this company and will be sure to give them a call if and when I need pest elimination again.