What's Attracting Wasps To My Murrieta Property?
Most people in Murrieta only know a little about wasps in the area beyond the fact that they sting and build nests in the most inconvenient places. And that's okay. We at Integrity Pest Elimination know plenty with our 30 years of experience in pest control and business. We've built a Murrieta pest control company that stands out as the best in Murrieta and the surrounding areas!
In this handy guide, we'll teach you about the common types of wasps and hornets that invade local yards, common mistakes people make that attract wasps to their yards, what you can do to minimize the presence of wasps around your home, and why you should call us, Integrity Pest Elimination, for safe and effective wasp removal.
Common Types Of Wasps And Hornets That Invade Murrieta Yards
The five types of wasps and hornets that can invade your Murrieta yard include:
- Mud daubers range from 1/2 inch to 1 inch long and, as their name suggests, build their nests out of mud. They're not aggressive if you leave them alone, but they may become belligerent if you start poking at their nests. They drink flower nectar and dine on spiders.
- Paper wasps are 5/8 to 3/4 inch long and are slender with thin waists. Also named for their nests, they build out of a paper-like substance attached to tree branches or overhangs of your house. They're docile if left alone but will sting if they or their nest is threatened. Their venom can cause anaphylactic shock, which requires immediate medical treatment.
- Yellow jacket workers range in size from 3/8 to 5/8 inch long and are notable for their distinct yellow and black coloring and aggressive behavior. When threatened, yellow jackets swarm and sting repeatedly and can cause anaphylaxis in people sensitive to their venom. They nest in trees, bushes, stumps, or abandoned burrows.
- European hornets are the only true hornets in North America. They're about 1 inch long and brightly colored with yellow and brown stripes. They avoid conflict unless they're disturbed around food sources like dragonflies or near their nest.
- Bald-faced hornets are actually wasps. They're referred to as hornets because of their size and aggressive nature. They're 1/2 to 5/8 inches long with black bodies and mostly white faces. They build nests up to 14 inches wide and 24 inches long and are constructed at least three feet off the ground.
Wasp removal is dangerous and should only be done by the pest professionals at Integrity Pest Elimination.
Common Mistakes Murrieta Homeowners Make To Attract Wasps
Wasps are attracted to your home for many reasons, including:
- Bright, bold flowers in your flower beds.
- Fruit in your garden or from trees in your yard.
- Sweet drinks left uncovered as you relax outside.
- White lights on your porch or patio.
- Protein sources, such as pet food, picnic scraps, or outdoor trash cans.
- Cologne and perfume with sweet or fruity undertones.
- Open water sources like bird baths, ponds, or puddles in your yard.
Professional home pest control with Integrity Pest Elimination can help eliminate the sources that attract wasps to your yard.
What Murrieta Homeowners Can Do To Minimize Wasps Around Their Homes
There are steps you can take for wasp pest control around your home, including:
- Clean up any dropped fruit from your trees.
- Harvest fruits from your garden promptly.
- Replace white light bulbs with yellow ones in your outside fixtures.
- Cover outdoor garbage receptacles with tight-fitting lids.
- Avoid wearing perfume or cologne when spending time in your yard.
If you search the internet for how to repel wasps, you'll find dozens of home remedies. The best way to get rid of wasps is to call Integrity Pest Elimination and let them deal with the problem.
Call The Pros At Integrity Pest Elimination For Safe And Effective Wasp Removal
The best way to get rid of wasps in Murrieta is to partner with Integrity Pest Elimination. Our priority is the safety and well-being of you, your family, your pets, and your home. We use non-invasive treatments whenever possible. We care about your home and your health. Contact us today to schedule your free, no-obligation inspection.
Pam helped me over the phone and managed to get me an appointment the next day to have my home sprayed for spiders and other bugs mainly in the backyard for the safety of my 18 month old and my German shepherd. Cody came out to help me and was so nice and knowledgeable!!! He made me feel comfortable and gave me a ton of helpful info. I have a 90 day guarantee if anything makes it back and lives. Hopefully I won’t have to call back but next year I will be having them come out again but earlier this time!!